Tuesday 19 January 2010

H to the izzo V to the izza







I've got to say, I love LP.BG, acronym of the designers Lily Parker & Ben Grimes, their S/S '10 collection is so fresh, generally clean lines and pretty. They've combined the idea of pastels, but the overall feel of the collection is more sporty ready-to-wear, than the floating pastels which I've seen in other collections. Personally, I really like this difference. The blue cat dress in cotton sateen is gorgeous, in these heels it looks like it could have stepped right out of an Alice in Wonderland tea party. The Sophie Dress Almond with Orange Waistband initially looks so simple, but on a second glance you can see the sheer cut outs, giving a new assymetric shape to the dress. There's a similar feel to the shorts and vest look, with the contrast pockets on the shorts and the semi-sheer at the front and sides of the vest.
I love this model's hair aswell, I've said this before about the "wavy gravy" look, but if anyone knows how to get curly hair to have a nice fringe without straightening/relaxing it, I'd love to know,
Photographer: Alastair Strong
Styling: Phoebe Arnold
Hair: Bon
Make up: Niammh Quinn

2 comments:

  1. Love these simple, fresh designs.

    I've entered you into my fashion giveaway - it's open to all readers :)
    xxx


    www.friendinfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i looove these outfits. i would totally wear all of them. simple yet chic. totally my style.

    Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. I'm soo honored *blush* :] and happy that there's at least one person in the blogging world that actually reads my nonsense haha

    ReplyDelete