Saturday 9 January 2010

Catch a glimpse from her empty stare, hidden eyes behind her auburn hair
















Mary Katrantzou's Spring/Summer '10 collection is swirls of colours, reminiscent of the patterns you get during paint plate spinning, and I love it. Certain dresses are classical, other are more avant garde and some have hints of the oriental. Certain looks look as if they're weather-inspired. Her last collection was inspired by perfume, but I've got to say I much prefer this more abstract look. What I also appreciate is that she's not stuck with the trend of pastels, which I do like I'm not going to lie, but it is nice to see splashes of colour. I also really like her accesories, the arm-bracelets are also swirls of colour, whereas the shoes stick with nudes and don't you love the models' makeup.
I must mention that I loved her website, http://marykatrantzou.com/, the only thing is that her spring/summer collection isn't on there, but I'm sure that will be updated soon.
Photos are by Christopher Moore, (I think, they're from http://www.catwalking.com/)

2 comments:

  1. I'm absolutely loving this collection, great find! and no i'm happy you've added me to your blog scroll, that way we can keep in touch, keep up with the good post

    www.eyeswdeopen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete