Friday 12 July 2013

I like it in the city when the air is so thick and opaque

Next we headed East. I love Brick Lane, its one of my favourite places due to its culture clash. One end is totally Bangladeshi where we shared a curry + paratha (Indian food is not so common in the US hence why we decided to stop for some). Then the other end is totally hipster. We stumbled upon a secret sample sale, a vintage fashion market (underground may I add) and the most independent coffee shops in one strip I have ever seen. Along the way we saw the most incredible street art.


 So so intricate and clever.




 I thought this was cool. We love anti-slavery campaigns. Speaking of which have you guys heard of A21? They work to free victims of modern day slavery  (human trafficking) of which there are around 27 million peeople trapped within today...greater than any other time in history (yes, even when slavery was legal, there were less slaves!)


No comments:

Post a Comment